Monday, March 26, 2012

D.I.Y

I have been lusting after these glitter Miu Miu's ever since they came in to stores last year, really it doesn't get much better than a pair of glitter sneakers!
But as glittery and wonderful as they are, $800 for a pair of sneakers is pushing it. That was not going to stop me from owning a pair, so I figured if I wasn't prepared to part with the money I would get my D.I.Y on and make my own.
Hello google, where I stumbled across this blog Honestly WTF and the dream of glittery sneakers soon became a reality.
I swapped the Vans for a pair of Converse, as they are my sneaker of choice...5 pairs, obsessed? The tutorial on Honestly WTF is really good, easy to follow and the final result is amazing. I changed my shoe choice, glitter colour and had to guess my glitter/glue ratio. I used 1/2 a cup of glue and just under 1/2 a cup of glitter. Piling on the layers...8 layers of glue and glitter all up. I struggled a bit trying to get my crystals online, so I went down to my local dance shop and I was like a kid in a lolly store! So many options, colours, sizes and shapes! The final product is amazing, every girl needs some glittery goodness in her life!
The finished product.
Wearing:
D.I.Y glitter Miu Miu inspired Converse
Sass and Bide top
Ksubi shorts
...I miss summer already and its only the end of March

No comments:

Post a Comment